You’ve heard the expression “When in Rome, do as the Romans do.” Well, here in Destin, Florida, we call ourselves “The World’s Luckiest Fishing Village,” and when in The World’s Luckiest Fishing Village go fishing! Deep sea fishing is one of the most popular things to do in Destin, Florida for locals and guests alike. Destin was founded by a fishermen, and a large majority of the local population is comprised of fishermen.
Destin, Florida is also a top vacation destination for families. Many vacationing families are looking for the best things to do in Destin with kids. We have guests ask us all the time if they should bring their kids along. Our answer is, “Yes!” One of the best things to do in Destin with kids is deep sea fishing, and a highly recommended fishing charter would be a private charter with just your family. We specialize in family fishing charters aboard Charter Boat Reel Grace, and we have a list of reasons why you should go deep sea fishing with kids.
Top reasons to take your kids on a private deep sea fishing charter on your Destin vacation:
5. Spend quality time together as a family. During your Destin vacation planning, you certainly include a day on Florida’s most pristine beaches, some shopping at Destin’s best shopping centers, family meals at Destin’s most popular restaurants, and you even Google search, “best things to do in Destin, Florida.” Do you add adventure to that list? What about exploring new things? When you take your kids on a private deep sea fishing charter in Destin, they will experience an exciting adventure—You all will. Whether this is your first time fishing, or your fiftieth, the experience is different each time. Taking your kids along on your family fishing charter in Destin creates a new experience for you, and for them. You’ll spend time together, learning, teaching, exploring, and growing as a family. A family fishing charter is one of the best things to do with kids in Destin.
4. Explore new flavors while cooking your catch (or even having it cooked at one of Destin’s best restaurants)! The satisfaction of eating your family’s fresh catch is a feeling that is hard to beat. Feeling accomplished as you sit down as a family to enjoy a meal together and talk about the highlights of the day is also a feeling that is hard to beat. Reflect on your Destin family vacation, or discuss your Destin vacation plans over a meal that everyone took part in. Parenting hack: Kids are more likely to try and eat new things when they’ve helped in the process, i.e., catching it!
3. Teach them about science-y stuff such as ecosystems, habitats, the food chain, and how members of the Animal Kingdom can be related, but different species. Deep sea fishing in the Gulf of Mexico, we fish for reef-dwelling species called Vermilion Snapper, also known as Mingo Snapper, as well as White Snapper, and Red Snapper, which are all part of the same family: Lutjanidae. Capt. Cliff is knowledgeable and, with his 35+ years of fishing experience, he can tell you the differences in each species. I think learning something new has to be one of the best things to do in Destin for kids.
2. Build confidence in your kids by taking them out and letting Capt. Cliff help them reel in “the big one.” They will feel a sense of pride holding up their fish and showing off the pictures. Fishing with kids in Destin will give them a great sense of accomplishment. To know that they worked hard at something and saw the outcome gives kids that “Wow! I did it!” feeling. Even after your family vacation in Destin, your kids will brag to their friends about what they did on their Summer vacation in Destin. When the teacher asks them to write the ever-famous, obligatory “What I Did on My Summer Vacation” essay, their family fishing trip in Destin will be the topic—and their friends will buzz about it. Talk about a confidence-booster!
1. Create long lasting memories of adventure and excitement that your family will cherish and reminisce for years to come! A private deep sea family fishing trip will be the highlight of your family’s Destin vacation! Capt. Cliff has experience working with anglers of all ages and skill levels, and because he is a Dad, he can offer a parent’s perspective when fishing with families. He understands the importance of making memories that your family will treasure. For memories of family fun that will be the highlight of your Destin vacation and one of the top things to do in Destin with kids, private deep sea fishing charters are highly recommended. Reel Grace Fishing Charters specializes in sharing the fun of family fishing charters in The World’s Luckiest Fishing Village.